Check out what's coming up from our member groups!
Find a script using the filters below, or browse our entire Library.
BECOME A MEMBER TODAY!
Become a member and support Theatre Saskatchewan. You will have access to perks only member have! Browse and borrow from our extensive library of playwrights. You'll even have access to items other members are selling. Visit the membership page for details!
TheatreOne 2019 Off The Wall
30th Annual Short Play festival
From November 14th to 16th we will be celebrating our 30th TheatreOne in Kindersley at the Norman Ritchie Community Centre. Doors open at 7 pm and curtain at 7:30 pm. Early Bird 3-night passes on sale now online at EVENTBRITE or in Kindersley at Labelle Boutique in the Kindersley Mall. For more information please check out our TheatreOne page.
Early Bird 3-Night Pass - $25.00 from now to November 3rd
Single Night Tickets - $15.00 on sale now
3-Night Pass - $40.00 on sale November 4th
Script Scramble 2019
How it works:
- You will be assigned a short (no more than 7 minutes) script and a role
- Actors are expected to come with lines memorized
- Directors are expected to come with ideas for staging, etc
- You will meet the other people in your show upon arrival on Thursday November 14th in Kindersley
- You will be given rehearsal time both on and off the stage
- You will attend the public workshop on Friday afternoon
- You will put on your show at the final night of TheatreOne
Registration is open to all people 19 years of age and over. To confirm your registration please return this form by October 1, 2019.
- Book you a hotel room
- Cover costs of tickets to each night's shows
- Pay for a meet and greet dinner on Thursday November 14th
Board Member Updates
Following the AGM on October 16th, we said goodbye to long serving board member Pamela Uhrmann (Regina) who has served the maximum years for Directors (10!) and welcomed newly elected Director Mathew Derworiz (Prince Albert).
Thespian. Director. Backstage. Writer. Mat has worked in every capacity for theatre in Prince Albert. Often seen around the province with the touring Off the Cuff Improv troupe, he is comfortable and engaging on stage. Recently he has gotten involved with the governance side of theatre and is a member of the Odyssey Productions Board. Mat wants to see relevant and entertaining plays being performed by community groups to develop larger theatrical audiences in Northern Saskatchewan. He believes that live theatre affects the soul and can foster growth and positive change. He is a graduate of MacEwan University and is excited to work at the provincial level on the Theatre Saskatchewan Board.
Jarrod Jeanson (Moose Jaw) was elected president for a second term, and John Dyck (Cochin) and Sharon Pope (Balgonie) were re-elected as Directors.